Xiamen Kemus Valve Co.,Ltd
Add: 5 floor, Zhimingxing Technology Building No 18, Honglian West Road, Siming District Xiamen China
For an EGR valve that will contribute to better vehicle efficiency, proper maintenance and cleaning is needed. Laid out for you is a simple guide that will help you improve your vehicle’s engine performance. The whole maintenance process will also help you pass standard emissions tests easier.
1. Locate the EGR valve. Most vehicles have it on the intake manifold on the right hand side of the engine. Look for a disk-like metal object. This is the usual shape of the valve.
2. Depending on your vehicle’s model, disconnect either the vacuum line or detach the electrical wire from the valve’s top section.
3. There are models that have metal pipes that connect the exhaust manifold to the valve. If your valve is of this instance, loosen the pipe assuring that its nut is retained with the aid of a wrench.
4. Remove the mounting bolts to expose the seat of the valve. Depending on the structure of your valve, you may need to use a screwdriver to completely remove the valve. Extreme caution is encouraged to avoid any damage to the gasket sealing surface or to the mounting. These components when damaged may cause leaks.
5. Inspect the bottom of the valve for carbon deposits. The volume of the carbon deposited in the valve dictates how light or dark your engine’s smoke emission will be.
6. Determine how hard the carbon deposits are in the valve’s diaphragm to find out the cleaning method you will employ. You can use scrapers and solvents if you want, but be aware of the risks of using both.
7. Check other valve ports for similar carbon deposits. Remove the buildup by using cleaners and scrapers. You may want to use flashlights to see hard-to-reach carbon deposits. Otherwise, you can just remove the intake manifold from the engine and clean the runners more efficiently.
8. You are now ready to reinstall the valve. New gasket should be used. Reconnecting the valve could be done properly by reversely following the disassembly process you have done.
For accuracy on locating parts, the manual should be your ready companion. Having the valve’s manual as well as your vehicle’s manual would make dismounting and reconnecting different parts faster. This can lead to decreased time delegated by the whole valve maintenance process.
Preparing all the necessary materials like tools and cleaners are also time-saving efforts. Perform the maintenance process in a properly-lighted workplace. This will ensure that you will remove all the carbon deposits you need to eliminate.
By following the instructions included in this simple maintenance guide, be assured that your valve will function properly. Guaranteed that your engines will be more air-friendly and you will not dread emissions test anymore for fear of failed results and associated license revocation. By having a working knowledge of simple valve cleaning processes, grab the advantages of decreased major vehicle repairs, lessened maintenance costs, and increased time to drive your vehicle. The different parts of an EGR valve, as well as its functions can be read here.